Monday, October 20, 2008

A different site - a different mind


Well, here I be on this one. I can't figure out how to blog on Facebook and MySpace annoys me, so here I am. Blogger. Wee!

It's almost the end of October, and boy is the weather showing it. Cold, rainy, windy, cold again. It makes me want to make soup everyday. Wish my family would eat it!

Katherine is in her 4th week of ECDD and speech therapy with Miss Molly, and I'm slightly disappointed in her teachers since she's not showing any real improvement. She's reverting back to the gibberish-baby talk more often than not, even though I'm working with her on every single sentence. I'll make her say it over and over, repeat after me, all so she understands the correct words. Maybe I am just frustrated because my expectations of Katherine's improvement was too high.

Nathan's soccer team this year was an enthusiastic bunch. They only won 1 game but they played well and Nathan had fun. Too much fun, if you ask his grades. His grades have been poor since participating in soccer. If he plans on joining basketball this year, he better pick it up!

Next month is Katherine's birthday! On November 15, my girl will turn the big 5. I'm so excited and so is she. I told her this morning that her birthday was coming and she sang the birthday song until it was time to go to school. We are having a birthday party for her on November 22nd, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It's going to be rainbow themed, which will be fun to do decorations and food for. We've invited almost everyone, since I'm sure I forgot someone and will offend them. If I forgot you, you're invited! If you want to bring something, bring it! I've decided on a somewhat Italian theme with pastas and snacks galore.

I'll post some of my recipes for my party later.

0 comments: