Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holy Christmas, Batman!!

Well, Christmas is less than a week away and I still have gifts to buy. My brother and his lady friend are coming in from California over the New Year, so I have time to buy for them. But as for the other people on my list (Jonathan, My Parents, Bill (found out I'm not done with him)), I still have until this Wednesday. And before my mother tries to say that I don't need to buy her anything, I'm almost 30 - quit bossin'! =P

Well, we had Slimmen Christmas last weekend, and what a weird sensation. I left feeling like Christmas was over. We usually have Slimmen Christmas on Christmas Eve, but couldn't this year. Coupled with the fact that Nathan wasn't able to be with us at Slimmen Christmas for the 4th year in a row, it just wasn't the same at all.

And, considering my brother is in California now, our Christmas schedule is really screwed up (according to me). But the bright side is that my parents will be coming over to spend Christmas Eve with us, hopefully starting a new tradition. I love entertaining, especially my parents, because I love cooking good food for people I love. I'm fat, isn't it obvious? =D

We took Katherine to see Santa at Wal-mart two weeks ago as well, and boy was it bad. They had some 30 year old guy (REALLY YOUNG!!) dressed up as Santa, sitting on a bench handing out leftover Halloween candy. Talk about ambience. So Katherine is asked what she wants for Christmas, and I'm hoping she says doll, car, doll car, game; any one of the items that I've already purchased would be nice. Instead, she says "Yellow robot, please". Yellow robot? Yellow ROBOT?!? What the heck is a yellow robot?!?!?!?

Finally, after trying to figure it out, I go to the internet. Nope, no yellow robot comes up. Darn it! So I'm talking about this with my parents and Ed says "is it on a cartoon she watches?" It hits me! Yo Gabba Gabba's Plex the Yellow Robot!!! She has Toodee, the blue plush, but she doesn't have Plex. So I go to the store where I've seen Plex. None! None at Wal-mart, Meijer or K-mart. I'm in a panic still because it's 4 days to Christmas and the only place I can find them is online and it won't be here before Christmas even if I had ordered it a week ago. ARGH!!

Believe me, I'm still trying to find them. And I WILL find them.

Snow Days! We've had 4 so far this year, and Katherine hates them because they mean no school and no friends. She loves school! We're so lucky. We had parent-teacher conferences last week and they said that Katherine is very well behaved, although a bit impatient when it comes to waiting her turn. She can write her name so nicely and she can do the ABC song, but can't identify all of the letters. Those she can identify, she can tell you the sound and name a word that goes with the letter. So I'm working with her on identifying and writing. And she loves to read!

(will write more later!)

0 comments: