Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I had an awesome Christmas!

My parents and Big Papa came over to our house on Christmas Eve for gifts and appetizers. The food was yummy and we had a great time together. Big Papa and Papa watched a movie while the rest of us hung out. It was really nice to have everyone over.

It was just the 4 of us on Christmas morning, opening gifts, having sweet rolls later on and napping later on. I swear I have the weirdest kids - they woke up about an hour after I did!

The kids made out like bandits! Nathan had Christmas at his mom's house last weekend and he got a Wii. (Sweet ass Jesus I wish we had a Wii. Tax time is coming though!) Comparatively, it's hard to live up to a Christmas where a kid gets a $300 gaming system, but we tried.

Nathan's big gift for this Christmas was an acoustic guitar. For his birthday we'll buy him stuff so he can learn how to play it, but for now it's really beautiful and sounds amazing. He also got 2 PS3 games, some clothes, books, candy, a new wallet and some board games.

Katherine's big gift for this Christmas was her Fun2Learn Computer Cool School from Gigi and Papa. She really loves it! We also got her all 5 Yo Gabba Gabba plush characters. Those are her favorite things. She got a Life Size Barbie and she loves that one too. She also got regular barbies, clothes, art kit and drawing kit, books, puzzles and candy.

Jonathan told me not to buy him anything, so I didn't, but the stinker went out and bought me a new set of knives! I love them completely. When I opened them up I thought I had a stroke since I couldn't feel my face for a good 2 minutes. It was the best gift and I love them!

Jonathan and I got clothes and body stuff from my parents and a new king size comforter from his parents. Coupled with the fact that we were all able to be together on Christmas, it was a great holiday and we were very lucky.

After Christmas, I was able to have my cousin Steven come over. He's been visiting the last couple days and we've had a blast, especially Nathan. We don't have extended family around here, so when they do come over, it's always fun.

I was also able to go see Sarah and Jackson, which was the first time seeing Jackson. What an adorable boy! Katherine fell in love with him. Sarah took pictures of the two of them playing, so hopefully those will be up on Facebook soon!

Katherine took a picture of me while I was folding clothes last week and I saw how HUGE I am. I'm not happy. I knew I was gaining weight, but this is ridiculous! So Jonathan and I are going on the South Beach diet together starting next Wednesday. This will be something that will help me to feel better about myself and be healthier for me. I'll also look better so that's a plus.

Tonight is New Year's but I don't have any plans except for to get drunk on Crown Royal and Coke and watch movies! Maybe not drunk, but I will drink some. =)

So with my new goals and achievements for the new year, I will start 2009 with high hopes!!!

Posted new pictures on Facebook... here and here. Enjoy! And Happy New Year!!!

0 comments: