Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall to Indian Summer to Winter?

It could only do that in Michigan. And it did it within the past week. Talk about weird. Katherine was wearing shorts last Wednesday and wore capris to school on Thursday. Saturday she was wearing a winter coat and her boots because it was snowing.

So this weekend we unexpectedly had Nathan with us. It was awesome. We had a good time. Friday night we had a mini game night. We played Yahtzee and then Chutes & Ladders. It's kind of hard - Nathan and Katherine both have short attention span. It's always fun though to break out the board games, the good music and the hot chocolate to spend time with the kids.

Saturday we woke up and cleaned the apartment. Gigi came over and took Katherine to her and Papa's house for the evening, so the three of us (Jonathan, Nathan and myself) took a midnight stroll through downtown Big Rapids. Not exactly midnight - we left our house at 9 pm and came back at 11 pm. The weather was a bit cold but the air was crisp and it was great for a walk. We goofed around, chatted, listened to music, and got to experience the freaky people that inhabit our town after dark. Mostly Nathan.

Katherine had a lot of fun at Gigi and Papa's (my parents). She got to play Papa's drums while Papa built her a playhouse from a huge cardboard box. Then Papa, the superman he is, made cheese pizza, her favorite. Think she's got them wrapped around her finger enough? =)

Sunday, we woke up and decided to play games again. I whooped Nathan's behind at Monopoly. Thanks to my brother Ryan for being a cutthroat Monopoly player from the age of 7 so that I knew how to completely abolish Nathan at the game. =)

Since I really killed him at it, he wanted to play Risk with me. We had to go get Katherine at this time, so we put the game on pause for a Katherine and food run to Baldwin, then came back and started.

I will state this now - I don't think I properly know how to play Risk. I read the instructions over and over and over again, but I still don't get it. So, we play based on what it seems like the instructions are trying to tell us. It's a mess, but Nathan and I have fun.

Well, it's cold out, but we haven't yet turned on the heat. I really don't want to either. Sweaters, blankets, boiling water, whatever, just don't turn on the heat! I'm dreading seeing the first bill, deciding whether to get the kids presents for Christmas or just to pay for heat. =P

And here is Katherine's "I Love You Mommy" song. It rocks!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

omigod that was sooo cute! "i love you mommy"