Sunday, November 23, 2008

Katherine's Birthday - Part 2


Katherine Anne finished off her birthday festivities yesterday. And I am super happy to do so. =)

Thursday, I got an e-mail from Katherine's teacher saying that Katherine was complaining that she didn't feel well. Since that never happens, I was very concerned. She came home and seemed fine, but Friday she woke up with a fever, coughing, sneezing, etc. Needless to say, she didn't go to school. I also canceled her friends' party - the last thing anyone needed was to send their child to a sick child's party. Not fun!

Friday I spent running around and making cupcakes and cakes. And, like their predecessors, they were pretty darn good. Although, I'm glad I'm done with cupcakes for a while. They're great, but I need a break to appreciate them.

Saturday - I made homemade macaroni and cheese and baked macaroni for the party, along with easy cheesy salsa dip. The pictures from the party are here. My family came and Jon's parents came to help celebrate Katherine's birthday. Lots of conversations and playing around. It was great!

This week is Thanksgiving - Thursday we'll be watching the parade in the morning and then having dinner in the early afternoon. Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, yams, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie - yummy! We'll also be watching the Lions game. Go Lions!

Then Friday we will be decorating for Christmas!!! Christmas tree, lights, stockings and putting out the presents we already have. Katherine and I had the privilege of seeing several Christmas light displays while driving this evening. She squealed with delight everytime we saw one. A Christmas tree, a bush decorated. They all look beautiful! We are both huge fans of Christmas, so we will be having a fantastic time this Friday and the rest of the Christmas season. The music will be allowed too! =)

0 comments: